Western Waterproofing in Clive, Iowa - Simple Review #1415943044

2.0
Turnaround Time

I have never had a good experience working with this employee.

Unethical business practices and sexual assult from manager, Adam Collins at Western Waterproofing.

Sexual assult and unethical business practices from manager, Adam Collins at Western Waterproofing in Iowa. I felt this employees behavior should be reported.

I came across a previous complaint about this individual and felt this was the appropriate site to issue the complaint. I am a property manager for one of the largest banks in Iowa. We have worked with Western Waterproofing for many of our restoration projects for our buildings over the past 10 years in Iowa and other states. We discontinued our business with Western for our Iowa projects primarily because of the unprofessionalisim and sexual advanced I was experiencing from Mr.

Collins. Not only did he bash and speak negatively about his own boss in an attempt to earn the bid for himself, he was very flirtatious with me and even stressed an interest in asking me on a date. Our company also can varify the Driveway Doctor business because there were two separate occasions that he presented his personal business for "smaller" jobs and tried to sell his business options to cut the cost that Western would have presented in a bid. Each time, he brought over a folder with a quote for his own doctor business and a business card.

We felt it was unethical and dishonest. I certainly would not recommend doing any business with Adam Collins at Western Waterproofing.

His doesn't present honest bids, he is unprofessional and the sexual advanced were appalling. We since have contracted out a more reputable company and have had no issues.

• Adam collins
  • building restoration

Comments

Des Moines, Iowa, United States #846423

I am tickled at reading this because Adam R. Collins has a history of lies and drugs and abuse.

Finally he is called out because he thrives off people believing his good guy charm.

Truth is, bad father, bad husband, bad employee!

Adam Collins is the project manager for this company and I have also had a negative experience working with him. Several people have commented him smoking pot with contracted employes or hitting on female workers.

Des Moines, Iowa, United States #835058

I work for the largest seeding company and we currently have a project going on with this company and have had similar problems. We are also find Adam Collins unprofessional and disrespectful and arrogant.

to Anonymous #843404

Adam Collins of West Des Moines Western Waterproofing? Interesting!

View more comments

An employee from Western Waterproofing in Des Moines Iowa, STOLE

I inquired about fixing some problems with my driveway and found a company called "DRIVEWAY DOCTOR" in Des Moines, Iowa. Upon contacting ADAM COLLINS, he answered the phone as WESTERN WATERPROOFING.

When I told him about the ad I saw for Driveway doctor he told me to call him on another number because the number I called was for the company he worked for. When I finally spoke to him he informed me that he would come to my home and do an evaluation. He did and I engaged in allowing him to do business. On the day my driveway was services, Adam bragged about how he could offer me a deal because he got the materials from the company he worked for "Western Waterproofing" for free.

I noticed that the equipment he was using had Western's name on it. He then told me if I referred my neighbor he would take $400 off my service. My neighbor and I both agreed to have work done. However, shortly after the work was done, both our driveways developed cracks.

When I called Adam to complain, he hung up on me. I then called the company he worked for and had seen on the equipment Adam used. I asked the receptionist is Adam Collins worked there and was told he did. I then asked if Adam was the residential specialist and was told that Western Did not handle residential repairs.

This interested me considering that I HAD work done and PAID FOR IT. Upon being connected to Adam, I told Adam who I was and then told me Adam Collins didn't work there. He pretended to not know anything about it and asked that I not call that number again.

This is a shady employee of a company who clearly doesn't know that their employee steals their equipment on the weekends to do personal work to pocket the money himself.

Comments

Hi

Johnston, Iowa, United States #832533

This is why this site can't be taken seriously. This person claims a loss of $3,500 for repair work?

Why not just get the whole thing replaced for that? And which company is even being targeted? People use this as a way to anonymously take revenge, when they are too scared to confront someone themselves. Content isn't monitored and posts aren't even relevant.

Bbb is a lot more reputable... but of course their the claim has to be accurate.

Somebody is really reaching here with this post. Why would they be having concrete work performed in early March when it was the middle of the winter with tons of snow on the ground? Sounds like this is a personal attack here and nothing more.

to Anonymous West Des Moines, Iowa, United States #827987

Perhaps the work wasn't done in March. Maybe March is when the quality appeared to be less than good and damage started to appear.

to Anonymous Des Moines, Iowa, United States #831577

To all you nay sayers, Adam was actually a part of my family for a while and yes this post is true. He was involved and still is a drug addict.

Pain killers and cocaine and alcohol. His drug addiction has interfered with his ability to be a father too and he has missed weekends where he was to pick up his child and then just didn't show up. We all were aware of this business and his son mentioned it a lot. Adam gave his son his "work" driveway doctor cell phone once and it did ring with people looking for Adam for his driveway doctor business.

Yet he denies having this business to avoid having to pay more child support. Adam is a destructive person. Lies to the point he believes his own lies, is selfish, steals, has bad credit because he doesn't pay his bills and is a bad father. Nothing about this post is surprising.

Adam using company equipment to benefit himself under his companies nose is total something he would do. He used to own another company and treated those customers the same way. It was a franchise and instead of paying the fees, he pocketed the money for drugs instead of paying fees for using the franchise name.

He had a lot of upset customers then and apparently does now too.

West Des Moines, Iowa, United States #801284

My company as sad as it is, does business with Western a lot. This guy is pretty full of himself.

We actually prefer not to do business with Western because of Adam. He bids low and then changes out orders and expects others to compensate.

Shady business man in my opinion.

Funny how my friend was just talking about this guy she met and how great he seemed. I googled him and did the dirty work for her and found a lot on this Adam Collins guy, including this post! He is not what he appears to be!

to Anonymous West Des Moines, Iowa, United States #801280

Wait I just went on a date with this guy. I just googled him and found this post.

He has police records and now complaints like this?

He isn't attractive so no sweat off my back and certainly never planned to call him back. This is just funny though

Appears to be yet another Ashley Van Zetten post attempting to stir up drama with her ex boyfriend.

to Anonymous West Des Moines, Iowa, United States #801278

It is obvious this reply is from Adam himself trying to blame his poor and dishonest business practices on someone else (his ex girlfriend) just like he tried to blame his match.com account on that poor girl too. Stop trying to blame your lies and bad reputation on a girl that dumped you and has moved on and from what I can see, has her *** together...unlike you.

Jealous are you?

I think this post is funny.

Not only is he a cheater and a liar personally, he has a negative reputation in the business world too! LMAO

to Anonymous Omaha, Nebraska, United States #1204515

Well if Ashley did make this post it's probably because you stalker her, beat her and made a post about her because you are obsessed with her! You are a pathetic boy who became obsessed when she ended things with you because you are a loser.

Paranoid are you? Well if she did do this post you deserved it and much more but sounds like others actually are realizing what a fraud you are! Sorry Mr Collins , this post wasn't created by people you hurt seeking revenge.

That's something you would do! Leave that girl alone you phyco !!!

Des Moines, Iowa, United States #799050

Hey I know this guy. Didn't know he was in the construction business.

Thought he was a DJ. Yes he does drugs a lot.

Cocaine and pain killers.

Yes I know Adam Collins and we bid against this company a lot. He is not an honest person and ALWAYS tries to see if his side business can handle it before he bids so he can pocket the cash.

Western Waterproofing would love to know that he is a known coke head too.

View more comments